Thursday, October 28, 2010

vote at spoonflower! (2)

Hey Ya'll!  I just wanted to post this project I threw together when I saw that the contest this week to design fabric over at Spoonflower was "woodland creatures" --how fun is that?! I had fun with this alphabet concept & coming up with something for every letter. I'm really pleased with how my art work came out... however, a bit of the concept gets lost in translation when its scanned to digital & seen on the screen. The color washed out a bit & I don't think all the detail that I put into it comes through. Like I've said, I'm really working on conforming my style more to the medium of fabric design. As it is, I think it's more suited for illustrating books, which would be lovely to get into also. ...Anyway, go have fun voting for your favorites (as many as you want!) This contest goes till next Thursday.   (Oh, click on the image here to see a larger view.)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THIS. I THINK I WANT TO PURCHASE SOME OF IT IN FABRIC. IT'S SO FUN TO SEE WHERE THIS JOURNEY OF YOURS IS TAKING YOU.

    ReplyDelete