Monday, May 10, 2010

my garden in may


...and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden. --Joni Mitchell                                                                                              I'm in garden mode right now. This is my first vegetable garden & I'm so dang proud of it.
(It goes without saying that its "organic." Isn't that the only way to grow a food garden?)   I had a lot of help to get it going --my wonderful husband tilled the whole thing ( I tried & couldn't do it --it's hard work!) & my awesome brother built the raised boxes. From there it's been my baby & I'm out there every day. I highly recommend everyone have some kind of food garden for therapy -even if it's just some herbs or tomatoes in a container --something to get your hands in the dirt, to check on lovingly everyday or so to see its progress & feel so proud when you put something on your table that you grew yourself. I'm hooked now.     

                                      

2 comments:

  1. IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO HAVE A GARDEN! I AGREE THAT IT IS THERAPEUTIC. GOOD FOR THE KIDS TO SEE HOW THE EARTH GIVES US GOOD BOUNTY. GLAD YOU ARE HAVING FUN WITH IT AND KIDS ARE TOO. NICE HUSBAND AND BROTHER TO HELP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MEANT TO SAY THESE ARE WONDERFUL PICTURES TOO!!! KEEP POSTING OK? I WANT TO SEE THE PROGRESS.

    ReplyDelete